8 August 2017

In My Kitchen in August

Here is a quick peek to my kitchen in August. I've got a lot of lovely new stuff in my still quite new kitchen in Copenhagen, so I'm proud to present these small joys to you.

First of all my blogging friend Shaheen from Allotment 2 Kitchen blog surprised me with a lovely going away present from the UK. She sent me Welsh laverbread, which I've always been coveting in her recipes, and can now finally try it for myself. So get ready for some laverbread recipes! She has also noticed my fondness for beer and cider, so she also sent a cute Welsh dragon bottle opener. That's already in good use. Thank you so much again Shaheen!


Then to some other things. I visited Sweden a few weeks back, which is only a quick train journey over the bridge. I bought a couple of cute items there, like these Dala Häst tea towel and dish cloth, and also a wooden ruler with cooking measurements on it.



I've been enjoying healthy and not so healthy drinks recently. Just take a look at the intense colour of the orange sea buckthorn juice. If that doesn't wake one up, then nothing will. I've also been buying quite a few ginger shots, ginger and apple, ginger and cranberry and so forth. They are so good.

Onn the slightly naughtier side are Matilde milkshakes and Somersby cider.





I already mentioned Seitan in a previous post, but I've also found many other veggie products in the supermarkets. I need more time to try them all, but I'm pretty happy with the offering.



And I'm still obsessed with the new peas.


I'm also well prepared for a picnic or a barbeque party with these lovely pineapple paper plates and cups. I hope that one weekend the weather will still be suitable.


I am sharing this post with Sherry from Sherry's Pickings to join the August In My Kitchen crowd. I was too gutted to miss out in July and am now determined to share my kitchen stuff with you again every month.


Your VegHog

10 comments:

  1. Thank you VegHog for joining in with IMK this month. it's a pleasure to have you. I love the dragon bottle opener. so very cute and the tea towel and dishcloth too. there is something about Scandi design that really appeals to me. i've never heard of sea buckthorn juice- it sounds amazingly healthy and mysterious. See you next month in IMK land I hope cheers sherry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure, see you again next month, which is approaching quite fast! Scandi design is nice in its simplicity, and yes the sea buckthorn juice sure wakes one up!

      Delete
  2. Love the tea towel from Sweden. Lovely paper products, I always find Europe has such fun paper napkins. At least we have IKEA here to stock up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Ikea also have a good selection of paper napkins. I love all different kinds of them.

      Delete
  3. Look forward to seeing your laverbread recipes. I love using dulse though struggle to find it locally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once bought dulse, but only used very little of it. It's a shame, as I think I would have liked to use it more. M&S sometimes had a special dulse packet, if I'm not mistaken...

      Delete
  4. What a unique bottle opener -- cute and colorful! I had to Google laverbread (I thought it was bread) -- sounds like a really healthy ingredient. Loved your new peas photo and can understand your obsession with them. :) Here's wishing you pleasant picnic weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just so cute! I haven't eaten laverbread either yet, but it will be exciting! Thank you for stopping by, and we would really need some luck with a proper picnic weather without wind and a threat of rain. :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for the lovely mention, it was very kind of you and I am pleased you liked the little I sent, I also had a small jar of halen mon sea salt to send you, but forgot to enclose it. Look forward to see what you do with the laverbread :) so many interesting things in your kitchen, but its your bottle of buckthorn juice that brought memories back for me. Hope you settling in well now that your partner has joined you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again for the lovely gifts! The dragon is currently sitting behind me, and I'm plotting for the laverbread... All good here, we are still sorting out the stuff. A few new shelves are needed to put everything into place and so on. No worries about the salt, I even moved some of my old little salt jars with me. Some of them might still contain halen mon. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.