29 May 2017

Quinoa chilli with rye crisps


It was nice to see how positively people took my moving news. It's good to have some support in difficult times, as there will be so much to do and so many new things to learn. Let's hope that this will be my last big move, as I quite would like to stay in Denmark, but only time will tell.

I have a few recipes for you before I go, and I try to get these posts ready. Today's recipe is for quinoa chilli served with rye crisps. It's quite a basic chilli with roasted peppers, fava beans and nice spices. The main difference is that I decided to serve it with quinoa, which worked really well with it and made a nice change.


Quinoa chilli with rye crisps

Ingredients

1 cup quinoa
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 onion
3 garlic cloves
Olive oil
1 cup cooked fava beans
1 tsp smoked chilli paste
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp ground cumin
Sprinkle of salt
3 tbsp tomato purée
Rye crisps

Method

Cook the quinoa in water until done.

Cut the peppers into generous chunks and roast them in the oven.

Chop the onion and garlic and cook them in olive oil until soft.

Add the fava beans and spices to the pan followed by the tomato purée and the roasted peppers.

Then also add the quinoa to the chilli and serve.

Have a nice week!


Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. I do love chili, but have to confess I am still a bit fussy with quinoa going all mushy - so am a little hesitant about this. Perhaps it being served with the rye crisps will win me over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quinoa got perhaps a bit mushy although I tried to cook it for short time only, but indeed the rye crisps save it a bit for the texture. I don't make quinoa often enough to have mastered the perfect texture.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.