8 May 2017

In My Kitchen in May

I have been very lucky in my kitchen again lately, as I noticed that I have so many new cute and tasty things to share with you. I hope you like my recent bounty. I'm sharing this post with the new In My Kitchen blogging event host Sherry from Sherry's Pickings and I would like to welcome Sherry as the new host. I'm sure that we will be sharing some wonderful things together.

I instantly fell in love with this pineapple light when I saw it in the shop. Luckily it wasn't too expensive, so I got it, and it has been in operation a lot ever since. It's USB operated so I normally keep it connected to an external battery.


I was coveting these beautiful measuring cups for a little while before actually buying them. I'm quite fond of all things copper at the moment, and these small cups were just the thing to get. Obviously I haven't used them for measuring anything yet, just have admired them.



I have tried the Holy Cow organic cottage cheese a few times before, and I think that it's a really good product.


I was curious about this seaweed dulse, but haven't used it in any dishes yet. Would you have any recommendations? I've heard that it's very rich in vitamins, so should be a good addition to some broths for example.


Finally blue additions to dishes are easily possible with the amazing Blue Maize tortilla chips! They don't just look cool and quirky, they are also very tasty and organic too. There will soon be a couple of dishes on the blog featuring these tortilla chips.


I recently tried this local Dancing Cows New Forest oak aged gin and found it to be very good. The flavour that comes from the oak aging is very interesting and different to other gins that I have tasted. I look forward to tasting their other products too. They also brew excellent beers, some of which I've already sampled.


One of my absolute new favourites among drinks is the very refreshing Rosie's Pig Flat Tyre Sparkling Cider with Rhubarb. It comes in cute small cans. It's a sparkling cider, which is suitable for vegetarians, vegans and coeliacs, and the hint of rhubarb is just perfectly refreshing.


Yes, and this Altbier was just Altbier in a very cute bottle that I had to get. It was good tasty beer and certainly refreshed some of my memories from Düsseldorf.


And yet another beer, Paradox Rye by Brewdog. We just had to try this can of cask-aged imperial stout when it was for sale at our local Brewdog pub. It almost seems like men's after shave or something when the can comes in that little cardboard box.



We also often eat these Salty Dog crisps at Brewdog. They are so nice and a perfect pub snack. I really like the artwork too.


So this all was in my kitchen in May. I hope you liked the items.

Your VegHog


17 comments:

  1. hi veghog
    i hope this comment works! thanks for joining in IMK this month. Love the blue maize chips and your copper measuring cups. seaweed flakes look very nourishing, and the rhubarb cider sounds like a winner. the salty dog is so cute on the label. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your welcome! and i love the pineapple light too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi again
    just wondering - what do you see between my IMK post and the comments part? Is it just blank, without the other images that link to their posts? cheers. still trying to work this all out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry,

      Thanks for your comments, at least they are coming through :)

      I just tried with another computer at work as well with the same result:

      No post entries are shown at the bottom of your IMK post and there's just this message: This InLinkz widget is not allowed in this website. You can still view the linkup here

      When clicking here your main page opens: http://sherryspickings.blogspot.co.uk/

      I've tried with Firefox, Chrome and Edge and 2 different computers and internet connections, really weird! But as mentioned, I had this problem with the linkys before, then they worked again, but now this happened on your and on another blog as well.

      Delete
  4. Oh they really are nice measuring cups. They will last years and years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just. I just have to start using them, and not just use as decoration I suppose. :)

      Delete
  5. You might be the first IMK to feature a selection of beer! Nice measuring cups.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, fairly boozy this month I have to admit...

      Delete
  6. Love trying new beers. There are so many boutique breweries doing both the weird and the wonderful. Enjoy..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, there's an excellent choice at the moment.

      Delete
  7. Nice peek around your kitchen - the pineapple light would look great at night. I covet your measuring cups - mine are so old and bruised. And I really love blue corn chips so will look forward to seeing how you use them. I had dulse but it was too fishy so I threw it out (I think it was dulse - might have been kelp granules) but it was good in veg crab cakes and broths and marinade for tofu fish. I love that little dog on the crisps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna! Oh, good to know about the dulse, I will be careful when using it.

      Delete
  8. Blue corn chips... favorites o' mine, too. Especially consumed with a sliced avocado drizzled with lime juice and sprinkled w/sea salt and pepper when I'm hungry -- or in too much of a hurry -- to make guacamole! Your "Salty Dog" crips sound delightful, too. Cute packaging! I admire your self-restraint (aka "coveting for awhile") those copper measuring cups. Good things come to those who wait! You're sure to enjoy them even more after such careful consideration. As for your featured "brew selections", you bet! Wish I could join you... xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmhh nice tip for the blue corn chips, thank you! I had to save money lately, so coveting is the first stage, and when it gets too bad, I'll have to buy... :)

      Delete
  9. Your copper measuring cups are beautiful, worth the wait. I love blue corn chips as well, as does hubby who is a big tortilla chip eater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really live those cups and of course tortilla chips :)
      Thanks for popping by!

      Delete
  10. Wonderful ideas, I've had tortilla chips but I'd love to eat a lot more of them!
    Can't wait for your next post, I just love food blogs ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.