4 August 2016

Pasta with spinach pesto and roasted gem squashes


What can be better than a little mid-week pasta! I really enjoy one or two pasta dishes every week, as it's so easy, yet so good. So here's another pasta dish of mine that I cooked yesterday. Many of these items were in my last shopping bag and now they are here on the plate. I was quite keen to use the chunky Paccheri Rigati pasta I got. The different pasta type added something new to a fairly basic pesto and vegetable combination. I also roasted gem squash rings to add to the dish and they made a nice impact indeed.

Here is my easy recipe for Pasta with spinach pesto and roasted gem squashes

Pesto ingredients

1 cup baby spinach
Handful of basil leaves
4 tbsp pine nuts
1 garlic clove
4 tbsp olive oil

Other ingredients

2 gem squashes
Olive oil for brushing the squashes
Paccheri Rigati pasta or pasta of your choice
Vegetarian pasta cheese

Method

Make the pesto by puréeing the pesto ingredients into an even paste.

Cut rings from the gem squashes. I removed the centre with a small cookie cutter. Brush the rings with olive oil and roast in the oven until nicely roasted.

Cook the pasta, combine it with the pesto and serve with the squash rings. Enjoy!



I want to share this dish with Chris from Thinly Spread and Pasta Please! cooking challenge, which is co-hosted by Jacqueline from Tinned Tomatoes.





Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.