2 June 2016

Red lentil hummus


Can there ever be enough different hummus variations? I think not. I've tried plenty of different ones, but not a red lentil one, until I recently had some with a meal out. I became very curious wanting to make some myself. In this recipe I basically just substituted the chick peas in my basic homemade hummus with red lentils and it became a really nice dip. I'm sure I will perfect the recipe more with the time, if I'll feel like it.

Ingredients

1 cup red lentils
2 garlic cloves
½ lemon's juice
1 tsp salt
Sprinkle of smoked paprika
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp tahini

Method

Cook the lentils until they are soft, drain and cool them down.

Purée all ingredients into an even paste.

Serve the hummus with some vegetables, flatbreads, crispbreads, sandwiches etc.



Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. And everything tastes better in a moomins bowl :-) This looks great - I am curious what changes you would make to perfect the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, a Moomin bowl always makes things better! Well, I'm wondering that myself, maybe some addition of other veggies and pulses...

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.