13 June 2015

Pomegranate and sea buckthornberry overnight oats


Good morning! I have slept well and long and it's the weekend, I'm happy!

Recently I posted my first overnight oats attempt, the Blueberry and strawberry overnight oats and now I made another variation. I don't think that it's a craze for me yet, but these certainly make an easy and healthy vegan breakfast. This time I made a slightly smaller portion size, but this really hit the spot in the morning. 


I used these ingredients:

½ pomegranate
1 tsp sea buckthornberry powder
½ tsp sea buckthornberry sugar (or regular)
1 tbsp milled flax seed
½ cup oat flakes
1 cup almond milk

Mix the sea buckthornberry powder, sugar, milled flax seed and oat flakes with the almond milk.

Remove the pomegranate seeds and layer them into a jar with the oat mix.

Leave in the fridge overnight and enjoy as breakfast.



The theme of this month's Vegetable Palette is Blushing pinks, so I thought that pomegranate would fit that category rather nicely. I use pomegranates quite a lot in my cooking, I like to scatter them on salads, couscous dishes, pretty much on anything. I have to admit that this recipe doesn't require any cooking as the oats make themselves overnight, but I thought that it could be mentioned anyway as a nice pink food idea. Vegetable Palette is a vegetarian cooking challenge hosted by Shaheen from A2K - A Seasonal Veg Table
 

Have a great weekend!

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds lovely. Pomegranate seeds are beautiful and gorgeous to eat too. Thanks for sharing a fresh breakfast dish, makes a nice change for the fried grub we often eat at weekends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A healthy start to the day can be so great and I try to eat less fried breakfasts at the moment, of course sometimes I still have them.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.