11 February 2015

Lentil pancakes with chilli butter & 500!

It's The VegHog's 500th blog post my friends! Hurrah, hurrah!

Again I want to thank you all, my lovely readers! Only because of you I've made it to 500! 

I wanted to post something festive to mark the occasion, but then realised that I've been cooking quite healthy food this winter, which might not be such party food. Then I thought that a cake would be nice anyway, ahem... a pancake, ahem... a savoury pancake... but then again, what could be more me than that? This recipe is for savoury pancakes powered with red lentils and spelt flour for that extra protein and healthy twist with some extra special chilli and lime butter on the top. So here comes the recipe, I hope you enjoy reading it!


The VegHog's Lentil Pancakes

Pancake batter

50 g dried red lentils
110 g spelt flour
1 tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground cumin
2 eggs
150 ml milk
50 g butter
Olive oil for frying

Chilli butter

100 g butter
1 red chilli
½ lime's zest

Method

Make the chilli butter first by mixing the finely chopped chilli and grated lime zest into soft butter. Wrap into a cling film and let rest in the fridge.

Rinse and cook the lentils until done.

Mix the dry ingredients together for the batter.

Add the cooked and cooled lentils, eggs, milk and melted butter and beat it all into an even batter.

Fry the pancakes on both sides in a frying pan in olive oil.

Serve the pancakes straight from the pan with the chilli butter.


Enjoy!

Your VegHog

6 comments:

  1. Well done on achieving 500 posts, I've gone right to the start of your blog and read them all, though not commented on all. So pleased to have found your blog x the lentil pancakes look really good. I am liking the chilli butter too. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done you for reading all the posts, amazing! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Well done, I love your recipes !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! That's always good to hear. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow those pancakes look delicious - bookmarked - congratulations on 500 posts and best wishes for many more

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.