26 October 2014

White chocolate mousse


I thought a sweet dessert would be a great thing to make for the weekend. I eat desserts only rarely, but something homemade is usually quite good. I got this recipe from Fazer (it's here in Finnish). I only made a little bit bigger amount than in the original recipe, as I happened to have a 150 g baking chocolate and 150 ml double cream. My version made two glasses full of mousse, which were a bit too large portions. This is a very dense and filling mousse, so basically this recipe makes four suitable sized small portions.

Marianne crush is a Finnish product, and if you are not able to get it, there is an easy way of substituting it in this dessert. Just crush some peppermint sweets and a little of milk chocolate, and there you have it.

Here's how this mousse is made.

Ingredients

150 ml double cream
150 g white baking chocolate
4 tbsp Marianne crush
Few drops of lemon juice

Method

Whip the cream.

Melt the chocolate in a water bath and let it cool a little bit.

Mix the chocolate carefully with the cream.

Also add the crush and lemon juice.

Let rest in the fridge for a couple of hours.

Enjoy as a dessert after a nice meal!



Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.