27 October 2014

Sun-dried tomato spelt bread

I was so excited when I had the idea of making sun-dried tomato bread. Only later, during the baking I realised that I have made a similar one before. I posted it here and used a recipe from the Great British Chefs page. Today's bread however was a quick and spontaneous one and I didn't consult that recipe before. Once again, this bread is baked with spelt flour. As I have so many tomatoes, I decided to add one fresh one as well, maybe to add just some colour.



Ingredients to make one loaf

1 tomato
4-6 sun-dried tomatoes
1 tbsp dry yeast
150 ml lukewarm water
6 dl spelt flour
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
Poppy seeds for the top

Method

Peel the fresh tomato by dipping it to boiling water for a couple of seconds. Then the peel comes off well. Crush the tomato to the lukewarm water.

Chop the sun-dried tomatoes finely and add them to the water. Also add the dry yeast to this mix. Leave them in the water for a couple of minutes while you measure the other ingredients.

Mix the flour and salt. Add the tomato and water mix and olive oil. Knead the dough and let it rise for about one hour.

Shape a loaf of the dough and place it to a bread tin. Let it rise for further 30 minutes.

Then bake at 220C for about 25 minutes.

Enjoy it quite fresh, as then it's at its nicest.

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. I adore your recipes. I think we have similar tastes. Sun-dried tomato breads are one of favorites to make, though I usually don't use yeast, as you did in this one. Delicious I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade bread is always great, but I'm not such a versatile baker, so I usually make similar recipes with yeast. I do enjoy baking more and more every day, though.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.