30 June 2014

Mango and pineapple smoothie


It's summer, warm (especially after a quick-paced morning walk in the park) and I have a huge appetite just for fresh fruits. That simply is how this smoothie idea came along, and the contents of my fridge had also a little bit to do with it.

I find that a smoothie easily replaces breakfast or lunch in the summer, especially when there are some nuts, cereal or flaxseed added (although I didn't add any of those this time). This is my simple combination for this morning.

2 mangoes
1 small pineapple
200 ml grapefruit juice


Peel the mangoes and the pineapple and remove the cores. Chop them into generous cubes.

Then just blend these together with the grapefruit juice and your power smoothie is ready to be enjoyed.


What is your favourite summer smoothie?

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. Mango is actually my favorite fruit! :) I'm making this the next time I buy some (hopefully next week)!

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mango is really great, especially in such smoothies, I find. I buy some way too seldom, though.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.